So what do we know today:
- Bennett showed very poor judgment in acting the way she did. Her revelations in Parliament make that clear.
- The Opposition have been gleeful, perhaps rather too much.
- The Right have also been gleeful at the opportunity presented to them to beat up on the bludgers.
- Disclaimers have appeared on numerous left-leaning blogsites (my bad: I thought it was all a joke, hence my contribution. Apparently these guys are actually worried).
- The women at the centre of the storm don't seem to give two hoots about the privacy issues.
A bad look for Bennett, but she's not Darth Vader's mistress, no babies were eaten, and no seals were clubbed to death. So we can reasonably expect the sun to rise tomorrow.
Just don't tell the Standard and some other left-leaning sites. To be fair, it's what we'd expect. To me, a political moderate who possibly leans more left than right, the Nats are like a tepid cup of tea: not that pleasant, but it won't kill me. Whereas the folk at the Standard appear to be vomiting thunderously into the cup.