My name is Scott Yorke. I'm a technology and intellectual property lawyer. I somehow find the time to run a blog.
My professional details are here. Feel free to contact me if you would like to talk to me in a professional capacity.
I mostly blog about the news, politics and the law.
I am a member of the Labour Party. I am also fearlessly independent of all external influences.
You may decide that those two statements are contradictory.
The usual disclaimers
This blog is my own, and it doesn't represent the opinions of anyone other than me.
Nor does anything on this blog represent legal advice. This is my hobby, not a job. I don’t give legal advice over the blogosphere. Sorry.
Copyright and media
- This is a personal blog. By that I mean it isn’t a money-making venture. If I inadvertently infringe someone’s copyright on this site, don’t worry because I didn’t profit by it. Drop me an email and, if your complaint is legitimate, I’ll take the material down.
- If you’re in the news media and want to use anything on this site, go for it. I am vain, however, so a mention would be nice.
- All copyright works on this site are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 licence. That’s explained here.
- If you’re wanting to copy third party material appearing on this site then it’s your responsibility (not mine) to make sure you can use and copy it.
I welcome comments, but I ask commenters to follow a few simple rules:
- I delete anonymous comments. Please use either a name or moniker. I am not asking anyone to reveal their secret identity. Just don't call yourself "Anonymous".
- I am thick-skinned, thanks to years of serving my reptilian overlords, but I won't tolerate abusive comments. Feel free to criticise the substance of what I have written, provided your criticism is intelligent and constructive. Don't abuse me or other commenters.
- Please don't defame people.
You can email me at email@example.com if you need to get hold of me. I don't always check that email account during working hours, so if you want to get my attention fast the best way is to direct message me on Twitter: @ImperatorFish